Mother Roots

March 18, 2012

Mother.

Womb of life.

Nine months we devour your roots.

Screaming we suck your trunk.

Waking we demand your attention.

Laughing we beg you to play.

Crying we expect you to care.

Helpless we rely on you.

A timeless tree of compassion.

Sunny warmth in the autumns of loss.

Bearer of our sorrows and joys.

From the moment we wake

’til the moment we sleep

You protect and nourish us.

When men become weak  in your presence.

Their weapons – fists, dicks and guns.

Yet still you forgive their raging blows

And still you care for their sons.

Without you we are nothing.

Without you we cannot survive.

Help the mother.

Respect the mother.

Forgive the mother.

Love the mother.

Her happiness is yours.

Dedicated to my son, my mother and all mother sentient beings on March 18 2012.

Tags: , ,

8 Responses to Mother Roots

1. Soraya L. Chemaly on March 19, 2012 at 3:02 am

Adele – this is beautiful. Printing and emailing to many who will love it.

• Adele Wilde-B on March 19, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Thanks Soraya!

2. Soraya L. Chemaly on March 19, 2012 at 3:02 am

Adele – this is beautiful. Printing and emailing to many who will love it.

• Adele Wilde-B on March 19, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Thanks Soraya!

3. Soraya L. Chemaly on March 19, 2012 at 3:02 am

Adele – this is beautiful. Printing and emailing to many who will love it.

• Adele Wilde-B on March 19, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Thanks Soraya!

4. Soraya L. Chemaly on March 19, 2012 at 3:02 am

Adele – this is beautiful. Printing and emailing to many who will love it.

• Adele Wilde-B on March 19, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Thanks Soraya!

• 3 poems by Arielle Greenberg Wormwood portrait LA

Who I’d Like to Meet   I am on tiptoe scanning our tallest bookshelves for something to pack to read on the plane.  I am scanful, tippy-toed: a girl without boots.  I am shorty.  I want to read something great, as in literary, and beautiful and daring, and something hobnailed [...]

• From Corpses, Artworks and Dreams of by Raha Namy

The novel Corpses, Arts and Dreams of is a triptych that hopes to tell the story/history of a people of a place and time, from three different angles, in three different styles. The first book deals with life in the city of Tehran. The second is on the people who [...]

• Poetry by Sarah Gonzales saritaHeadShot

fairy tales 2   I wish I could spit rhymes with the ease of a liberated tongue, relay my stories minus the empty hours of self loathing plus crumpled re-starts. maybe its true the birth of a poem (like much else in this world) means more with scars of a [...]